Monday, October 31, 2016

Kirsten Cox >>> Box


When I envisioned the box I would created I wanted to create a box that The purpose instead of just holding things. so my box will be a out-of-sight out-of-mind charging station for my phone. There are many of us that struggle with constantly having our phones in our hands and even when it's plugged in constantly checking it. Facebook the only way hide my phone visually but aesthetically not remind me my phone is in there, hopefully.

I chose this box by Joanna Howells for the style and structure, taller like I want and the unique corners she created.
Title: Chun 'Pillow' Box
Artist: Joanna Howells
Date: 2008
Technique: Thrown & Altered
Temperature: Cone 10
Glazing / Surface Treatment: gas reduction fired | glaze
Material: Stoneware
Object Type: Lidded Jar
Height: 12 | Width: 12 | Depth: 12

This jar inspired me for the texture that has been created and it's non uniform colors space. I also would like to create a similar bottom.
Title: Anagama jar
Artist: Richard Burkett
Date: 2004
Technique: Thrown
Temperature: Cone 12
Glazing / Surface Treatment: Woodfire
Material: Porcelain
Object Type: Lidded Jar
Height: 8 | Width: 7 | Depth: 7




No comments:

Post a Comment