Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Le Box

For this assignment I am continuing the fish scale inspired surface work that I have been doing but I want to push it even more with this project and make it more insteresting and challenging. I will be combining both subtractive and additive technques to create an organic yet unnaturally busy surface. For the lid I want to make a fitted puzzle top like the ones Stephen showed in the demo.

Dandee Pattee - I just enjoy how rounded and organic her pieces look. I want my overall shape to have the same softness
4x5x3”, cone 105x8x10”, cone 10

Stephen Robison - This is the type of lid I want to make and I also enjoy the added organic forms on top.


Alisa Holen - I love the texture that she puts on her peices and how plump and organic the forms feel.


Thrown/inflated porcelain with satin white and reticulating glazes. Cone 10.

Tara Wilson
Tara Wilson, "vases"

I'll put my sketches on here soon

No comments:

Post a Comment