Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Opening up


For my project, I want to create a box that focuses on concealing than revealing the object inside. I designed this box with my wedding proposal in mind. Before I was engaged I was in a place in which I could not freely be myself; I had to hide my love from the world. After being engaged, I was in a new environment that celebrated my relationship openly. I designed the box so the top section is a stopper to hold the four walls up and when removed the flower form opens to reveal the ring inside. I was inspired by the box bellow but could not find the artist who created the piece. I had many concerns with the structural integrity and would have liked to read about the artist’s process. I also drew inspiration from Marianne Nielsen who creates realistic flower forms out of ceramics. If the four separate walls do not work out, I will merge them into a lid that can pull out from the center of the flower. I would like to create a box that you would not instantly know how to open. 



No comments:

Post a Comment